Kama'aina yogis: We already live in paradise, so what if you could experience the rejuvenation and total reset of a yoga retreat without the inconvenience and expense of leaving home. This Empowerment Immersion is an integral yoga experience of Personal Empowerment through yoga Practice, Study of yoga philosophy & history, and refining your Alignment physical, mental and emotional.
November 7 -12, 2017 Sign Up
March 24 - 29, 2018 Sign Up
This Immersion is the first module of our 3-module Teacher Training program which may be taken separately by anyone with a serious interest in yoga!
"But that practice only becomes firmly established when it has been executed with great attention and without interruption over a long period of time." Sutra 1.14
This 6 days of Immersion in yoga will firmly root you in a consistent personal practice by teaching you the basic postures, breathing practices, meditation and mantra and the knowledge of how to progress that will serve you for the rest of your life, in and out of class.
Attendees of our Immersion have reported a sense of "ownership" of their practice due to a deep understanding of the practices of yoga and their source. They no longer have to worry if they are traveling or cannot get to their favorite class: they have become their own best teachers .
And you will too!
Yoga should be exhilirating, heart-opening and... SAFE!
Learn the physical alignment principals that ensure that you can progress your practice safely for the rest of your life.
Get personalized instruction to refine and perfect your personal alignment inside and out.
Build your self-awareness with our integrative approach to yoga which includes breathing, meditation and mantra practices to align all aspects of one's self: body, mind and soul.
With proper physical alignment one can practice and master challenging poses. With proper mental alignment one approaches practice with a humility and complete focus that will politely effect all aspects of your life.
True knowledge follows an open mind and willingness to learn.
Immersion includes in-depth discussions of philosophical concepts of yoga and how that theory applies to our daily lives. Concepts will be source texts, writings of world renowned yoga teachers, Ayurveda theory, history of yoga and more.
Having an open, beginner's mind is a quality we cultivate in Immersion to help us be better students of life and our own inner workings.
What you will get out of this program:
- 48 contact training and worshiping hours with experienced trainers
- 40 of those hours with Skeeter Tichnor who has 30+ years of teaching experience, and who has healed herself & helped countless students with yoga and Feldenkrais techniques. Learn about her on her website.
- One-on-one instruction and adjustments to your posture alignment
- Instruction in the basic philosophy of yoga based on the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, the yogic teachings of BKS Iyengar, as well as others.
- An introduction to Ayurveda and the daily rituals this ancient science recommends which you can implement today to improve your health
- Daily guided Asana (physical posture), Pranayama (breath extension), Mantra and Meditation practices with instruction and reflection on the techniques themselves, when and how to use them.
- Detailed instruction on alignment principals that will transform your practice, heal and re-align your body and set you up for a lifetime of healthy and safe practice as you continue to advance.
- Work with an intimate group of other yogis whom you will forge a deep bond with even in this short time!
- In introduction to the vast universe that is yoga, and the vast universe within your Self.
It was a great decision! My practice improved beyond expectation. Immersion built my confidence, a confidence that serves me well every time I come back to class after a prolonged absence due to travel. However, the greatest benefit was the subtle changes off the mat. Lessons learned during immersion have made my life more balanced, moregrounded, happier.
- P.L., Ohana Monthly Member
I had no idea what yoga was before I took the Immersion, and I'd been practicing for several years! I definitely didn't know how much there was to a forward fold or down dog until I took the time to really dissect the basics during Immersion. I really feel that without these basics in your practice, you have nothing!
--E.M. Engineer and Scuba Diver