Our 6-Day Empowerment Immersion is a course in the Foundations of yoga: the practices, philosophy and history of yoga for personal health, growth and empowerment!
In this intensive study period you can expect daily asana practices in the hatha vinyasa style intermingled with therapeutic movement and restorative yoga. Enjoy lectures and facilitated discussions of yoga philosophy as well as experiential assignments and partner work that contribute to a dynamic learning environment meant to stimulate all types of learners. You will feel a profound shift from this experience, and a wonder at the depth to yoga you didn't realize was there.
March 22 - 27, 2018 Sign Up
June 21 - 26, 2018 Sign Up
This Immersion is the first module of our 200hr Teacher Training program which may be taken separately by anyone with a serious interest in yoga!
"But that practice only becomes firmly established when it has been executed with great attention and without interruption over a long period of time." Sutra 1.14
- Daily practice of haha vinyasa yoga intermixed with therapeutic movement and restorative yoga.
Yoga should be exhilarating, heart-opening and... SAFE!
- Learn how to practice and progress safely for the rest of your life.
- Posture Alignment and Anatomy
- Personalized instruction
- Hands-On Adjustments
- Increase self-awareness
True knowledge follows an open mind and willingness to learn. Explore what Yoga means far beyond the mat.
- Discuss Philosophy
- Patanjali's Yoga Sutras
- Subtle Body Awareness
- Intro to Ayurveda
- Cultivate Beginner's Mind
- Sanskrit Terminology
- History of Yoga
The Immersion Curriculum
- Yoga Anatomy & Alignment
- Yoga Terminology in Sanskrit
- Alignment of Foundational Postures
- Modifications and Adjustments of Postures
- Pranayama - Breathing Techniques
- Introduction to Ayurveda and Daily Ayurvedic Habits
- Exploration of Yoga Sutras of Patanjali
- History of Yoga & Modern Yoga
- Body Awareness
You will learn
How to modify foundational postures to your needs and body.
How to continue to deepen and advance your practice safely for the rest of your life!
Understand and pronounce basic yoga vocabulary and posture names in Sanskrit the ancient, vibratory language of India and yoga.
Two classical, “open” mantras that you can use in your daily practice.
Foundational pranaya practices (breathing exercises) to use in your practice & daily life and when to use them.
Basic meditation: demystify meditation and establish your own daily practice.
How the 5 elements weave together to create the physical universe.
What are the doshas and determine your own unique constitution.
Daily Ayurvedic habits to easily implement now to improve your health and wellbeing.
All this PLUS you will make unexpected bonds with your course mates and with yourself. You will learn to observe yourself, your preconceived notions and habits and how to question them constructively to become the active creator of your own life, wellness and happiness that you deserve to be!
$1100 + tax
6 days of training
2 weeks of unlimited classes at the studio starting on the first day of Immersion.
Sign up now and we’ll give you the classic text Light On Yoga by BKS Iyengar that we use as a guiding text for this Immersion and will serve your practice for years to come!
What you will get out of this program:
- 48 contact training and worshiping hours with experienced trainers
- 40 of those hours with Skeeter Tichnor who has 30+ years of teaching experience, and who has healed herself & helped countless students with yoga and Feldenkrais techniques. Learn about her on her website.
- One-on-one instruction and adjustments to your posture alignment
- Instruction in the basic philosophy of yoga based on the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, the yogic teachings of BKS Iyengar, as well as others.
- An introduction to Ayurveda and the daily rituals this ancient science recommends which you can implement today to improve your health
- Daily guided Asana (physical posture), Pranayama (breath extension), Mantra and Meditation practices with instruction and reflection on the techniques themselves, when and how to use them.
- Detailed instruction on alignment principals that will transform your practice, heal and re-align your body and set you up for a lifetime of healthy and safe practice as you continue to advance.
- Work with an intimate group of other yogis whom you will forge a deep bond with even in this short time!
- In introduction to the vast universe that is yoga, and the vast universe within your Self.
It was a great decision! My practice improved beyond expectation. Immersion built my confidence, a confidence that serves me well every time I come back to class after a prolonged absence due to travel. However, the greatest benefit was the subtle changes off the mat. Lessons learned during immersion have made my life more balanced, moregrounded, happier.
- P.L., Ohana Monthly Member
I had no idea what yoga was before I took the Immersion, and I'd been practicing for several years! I definitely didn't know how much there was to a forward fold or down dog until I took the time to really dissect the basics during Immersion. I really feel that without these basics in your practice, you have nothing!
--E.M. Engineer and Scuba Diver