6-Day Immersion Program
A 6-day retreat to your inner Self!
Winter Immersion Nov 21 - 26, 2016
Summer Immersion June 22 - 27, 2017.
Delve deep and you will discover, yoga is so much more than physical postures!
- Personalized alignment instruction
- Pranayama, Mantra, Meditation & more
- 8-Limbs of Yoga philosophy
- Intro to Ayurveda
- History of yoga
- + One Month of Unlimited yoga classes at Yoga Hawaii
**Our 6-Day Immersion is also known as "Module I" of Yoga Teacher Training. A complete experience unto itself, Immersion can be taken separately or count as the first part of your teacher training!
Who and what is Immersion for?
Immersion is for anyone who has demonstrated a consistent practice and interest in what yoga is and how to do it best. The purpose is to help you deepen your personal practice, make yoga a part of your daily life and create an experience of stepping out of your usual routine - body, mind and soul - and gaining clarity about who you are and all you are capable of.
Join Teacher Trainers Maya Siklai, owner of Yoga Hawaii and E-RYT200, and Stephanie Keiko Kong, senior Yoga Hawaii teacher and E-RYT200 for this life-changing experience. Read more about the trainers on the Teacher Training details page.
Here's what Immersion participants say:
After several years of yoga classes, I set aside the time for the immersion course. It was a great decision! My practice improved beyond expectation. Immersion built my confidence, a confidence that serves me well every time I come back to class after a prolonged absence due to travel. However, the greatest benefit was the subtle changes off the mat.
Lessons learned during immersion have made my life more balanced, more grounded, happier. Namaste!
--P.L. Professor at UH
I had no idea what yoga was before I took the Immersion, and I'd been practicing for several years! I definitely didn't know how much there was to a forward fold or down dog until I took the time to really dissect the basics during Immersion. I really feel that without these basics in your practice, you have nothing!
--E.M. Engineer and Scuba Diver
- November 21-27, 2016- SIGN UP!
$250 OFF until Friday, June 10, 2016!
- Basic forms of level 1 & 2 yoga asanas: variations, adjustments and anatomy
- Basic yoga philosophy: 8-Limbs of yoga and overview of the Yoga Sutras
- Intro to Ayurveda: doshas, eat & practice for your body type and season
- Basic pranayam exercises, mantras and mudras
- Read and discuss Light on Yoga, the seminal text by B.K.S. Iyengar
- Tools to deepen and enhance your personal practice
Be able to:
Build self-awareness and be an excellent student of yoga and of life!
- Daily asana, lectures, activities and more
- In depth instruction and personal assistance with lead trainers
- Immersion manual
- One month of Unlimited yoga classes at Yoga Hawaii!
Immersion meets daily for 6-days of total focus on yoga practice, philosophy, history and more.
Thursday - Tuesday from 8am - 5pm
Sample of the Daily Schedule 9:00AM-4:00PM
9:00-10:00AM Discussion, Questions, Introduce topics
10:00-11:00AM Vinyasa practice
11:00-11:30AM Reflections, practice teach
1:00-3:00PM Hatha practice, Introduce topic
3:00-4:00PM Practice teach, guest teacher/presenter